Tony and Theresa Subic bought the Big Piney Blacksmith Shop
that Anton Wacak had built in 1915 between their home and the Big Piney
Garage. After WWII it became exclusively a welding shop because there
was no longer the demand for such things as homemade horseshoes and tools.
(Photo courtesy of Marj Guio)
Article from The Big Piney Examiner Nov. 10, 1915:
STEVE DANIELS PURCHASES WALKER STABLE AND LOTS
A deal that went through and was transacted in Big Piney the
past week, and one of interest to the community was the selling of the
Chas Walker interests to Steve Daniels. The deal comprises the lots
of Mr. Walker and also the large barn known as the White Livery and Feed
Stables. Mr. Daniels will take hold immediately, and is planning
on hauling hay from the ranch in the future and will also bring from the
ranch a supply of livery and saddle horses. The barn will be open
for business soon, and it is planned, we understood, that Mr. Daniels will
build a home here in the city on one of the lots that he has purchased.
This barn is located between Piney Drive and Smith Avenue.
The deal comprises all of block 20, which is located in the north-eastern
edge of town; is fronted on Mickelson Ave. Mr. Daniels has
also got other valuable property in Big Piney, -- owning lot 15 in block
16, which faces Budd Ave. The barn is plenty large enough to handle
a share of the trade and we wish Steve success in his new venture.
(Ad from "Big Piney Examiner," Feb. 9, 1922)
Marj Subic Guio They Made Wyoming Their Own p, 121 Big Piney Examiner, Nov. 10, 1915 Big Piney Examiner, Feb. 9, 1922