Forest Service House Southeast corner of Smith and Noble, 240
(Pictures courtesy of Jan Hough)
This house was built in 1934 by the Civilian Conservation Corps
and served as
the Forest Service District Ranger's home until 1966, when it
was used as the
Assistant District Ranger's Home. It has been used until
the present as
housing for various Forest Service employees.
1996-present: John and Jan Haugh
John is the District Resource Specialist
1940-1961: Jim and Kathy Lambert
Jim was the Forest Ranger at that time.
Source: Big Piney District, U.S. Forest Service