Griggs Electric
(Photo from Bill Cox collection courtesy of Lewis Wilson)
H. E. Griggs and his son, Sylvester, built the South Side Garage sometime before 1920.  In 1933  they installed a light plant to furnish electricity to Big Piney.  It was in operation  the week of July 20, 1933.  The power was turned on at noon and off at midnight.  It burnt in early January, 1955.   A portable diesel electricial generator was hurried in from Cheyenne as the temperatures at the time registered below zero.
Source:  They Made Wyoming Their Own, p.118