The red brick school was built in 1937 and served first through
twelfth grades until the high school was
finished in 1952. After the new elementary
was built in 1962, it became a junior high. It was torn down and
a new Middle School was built about 1980.
(Photo courtesy of Pearl Spencer)
Big Piney School - February, 1958
(Photo courtesy of Jonita Sommers)
This photo of the middle school was taken in 1987.
Pearl Budd Spencer Jonita Sommers They Made Wyoming Their Own, p. 116