The Little White School House

                                                      (Photo from More Tales of the Seeds-Ke-Dee, p.153)

In 1905 classes were held in what the community referred to as the little white school house.  It was a modern frame building with the latest style furniture for the time and cost between $1,000 and $1,200.  The land for the school was donated by the late Daniel B. Budd.  It was located directly east and across the street from Ray's Trailer court.  There was a four room log cabin directly west  of the school which was the home of Dr. and Mrs. Jesse Brain.  There was a shed for the horses, a wood shed, outdoor toilets, a well with a pump and a two acre pole-fenced yard.  By 1913 the little white school house had become too small.  For this reason the fifth grade through the high school were temporarily housed in the Budd Hall where there was a large dance hall used for basketball.  Later this school was moved into Big Piney and became the town hall until it burned down.
Source:  Tales of the Seeds-Ke-Dee, p.152-155