|The bank was moved down from Marbleton, and was
run by Mr. McGlashan
as the Marbleton State Bank. Later it was the home of Billy Hesser,
the brother-in-law of Mr. McGlashan and cashier at the bank. Billy
Hesser had only one leg and lived in the vault area. Muriel
Gray remembers the building was also used as the ag building for the high
school. She also remembers it was the ultimate hiding place.
She hid on top of the bank with George Moffat during a game of Run Sheep
Run and never was found.
The first Post Office was established September 25, 1879. It was located on the Swan Place between what is now Milleg's and Miller's Circle Ranch. Then it was in the Budd store by their home and Dan Budd was postmaster until he died in 1902. Jesse Budd was appointed postmaster in 1902 and served until he retired in the late 1940's. Because the Post Master General was appointed by the President in office, every time the politics changed so must the postmasters. Jesse Budd was a Republican and his wife, Minnie, was a Democrat. He was appointed postmaster during the years the Republican Party was in office and she was postmistress during the Democrat years. George Barp then served as postmaster until the spring of 1956 when George Nichols was appointed to the position.
The house to the right belonged to Mr. and Mrs. Fish. Mrs. Fish played the piano. Her original piano was built Nov. 22,1889 and is now in the possession of Muriel Gray. She is remembered for riding around in her buggy wearing white gloves and holding a parasol.
They Made Wyoming Their Own, p.117