| Franklin Daniel Chapel and his wife
Elizabeth purchased the Bucket
of Blood and the hotel from Floyd Norris in 1912. They then built
a new two story hotel and bar which is pictured above. According
to the Sept. 18, 1913 Kemmerer Gazette, A.F
Atwood finished the concrete and cellar work and accepted the contract
for the erection of the building hoping it would be finished by November.
The hotel dining room opened March 17, 1914. They were famous for
their mountain trout breakfasts. The fish were caught by Mr. Chapel.
An article in The Big Piney Examiner, June 15, 1915, states that the hotel was leased to Mr. and Mrs. Everett Smith and Mrs. Lena Gray for one year, because "...Mr. Chapel has been desirious of relieving his wife of the arduous duties connected with the hotel, and he has taken up his residence in one of his houses..."
|Charlie Howerton had his barber shop fenced off in a corner of the saloon for a long time. They used to get Yellowstone whiskey in barrels. When prohibition came along Frank sold the bar to Billy Sherman, George and Marie Farrell and Charlie Lancaster, and started ranching. The hotel, bar and six other buildings burned down August 28, 1948. Ross Meeks went in the burning hotel and rescued several people who were asleep upstairs. Marie Farrell sold liquor at her drug store until another bar was built.|
|Biography of Frank and Elizabeth|
Anna Lee Woffinden
"Kemmerer Camera," April 18, 1918
They Made Wyoming Their Own, p. 122
The Big Piney Examiner, June 15, 1915
Big Piney Examiner, Feb. 9, 1922
The Kemmerer Gazette, Sept. 18, 1913